Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Student Reflection on Yellowstone Venturing Trip

"Yellowstone was an experience of a life time.  I took a lot from it both emotionally and physically.  Emotionally, we all had many opportunities to learn about ourselves.  During this time I reflected on my life before coming to Turning Winds, my life during Turning Winds, and what I want my life to be like after Turning Winds Academic Institute.  Staff lead groups throughout the trip that allowed us all to step outside of our comfort zone and mentally push ourselves to new places.

We had times when we had to push ourselves physically too.  Each day we had a point on the trail that we had to reach.  On some days we were very sore and tired, but we had to just keep moving.  I learned how much I am actually capable of doing if I push myself. 

Yellowstone was a great opportunity.  I am so grateful that I was able to participate." ~Nick M.