Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Former Student of Turning Winds Academic Institute Earns His Eagle Scout

"My name is Josh McMullens and I was a resident at Turning Winds Academic Institute from June 2010 to June 2011.  I arrived at the school with several goals in mind, but one was to complete an Eagle Project for the Boys Scouts of America.  In early October, after establishing a good amount of trust, I met with John Baisden Sr. and started planning my project. I decided to build five heavy- duty picnic tables and ten separate benches for the school.  Throughout the following months, I would work to organize an adult supervisor and crew of boys from the school to go and do the work.  A member of the community offered the use of the shop at his home to do the project.  I completed my project in the first week of June.  On September 21, 2011, I had my Eagle Board of Review and passed.  I would like to thank my parents, friends at Turning Winds, and the staff (especially John Sr.) for all of their help and support.  I am now an Eagle Scout!" 
Many Thanks,
Josh McMullens

Josh's accomplishment is a living testimony to the fact that with hard work and dedication goals can be met.  All of us here at Turning Winds Academic Institute would like to say,
"Congratulations Josh!  Job well done.  Keep up the good work. Continue to challenge yourself and set goals you will reach infinite heights.”