Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Student Reflections on Trip to Glacier National Park

"For a week of my life I went to Glacier National Park.  While there, I got to hike and fish and enjoy the native beauty.  It was an experience I probably would not have had outside of Turning Winds Academic Institute.  Somthin I enjoyed was learning to fly fish, even though I didn't catch any fish.  The trip was very renewing and relaxed me greatly.  I am so grateful to Elizabeth and Bill, and believe that being at Glacier National Park was an experience of a lifetime." ~Nathan


"Thinking about Glacier makes me speechless.  The beauty is humbling.  During my trip, I grew spirtually and emotionally.  The best part of the trip was probably seeing Chief Mountain because my practice of traditional.  I practiced "walking gently" on the land of many.  I noticed an immense amount of awe in the "crew" the minute we hit the glaciers.  I learned a whole lot about all of the individuals on the trip.  We all bonded.  Glacier was one of the best experiences I've ever had in my life." ~Briana

"During my trip I got an overwhelming feeling of happiness.  I remembered all my past camping trips and it really felt like I was home.  I have always loved the outdoors, but when I got caught up in all the bad things I was doing I lost that and I now realize what I was throwing away." ~Skylar